Contact: James Gleeson—087 250 0103
Please check your public liability insurance if exhibiting animals
- Please do not exhibit animals that are out of control or hard to Handle.
- Animals should not be left unattended, tied to horse boxes or trailers.
- All animals must be led by a competent handler.
- Animals must be under the strict control of the handler at all times.
IMPORTANT DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE UPDATE FOR EXHIBITORS OF CATTLE
SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS – CATTLE
- The following changes are being introduced for keepers of bovine animals who wish to show cattle – these changes apple from the 2013 Show season.
- Keepers of cattle are now required to obtain a Certificate of Compliance prior to the movement of an animal to a show.
- Certs of compliance can be obtained online from Animal Identification and Movement (AIM) system through www.agfood.ie facility or from the Cattle Movement Notification Agency
- When applying for a CerT of Compliance, Keepers should not specify a destination herd.
- On the day of the Show, the Certificate of Compliance should be presented to the Show Secretary along with bovine passport for the animal.
- The keeper and the Show Secretary will then sign the Movement Notification section Certificate which will then be sent to the local DVO for recording into the AIM system
- Please not that only cattle for which a valid Certificate of Compliance is provided to the Show Secretary will be allowed to the shown on the day of the show.
- These Certificates will replace the previously-used CMMS 4 forms.
Prizes: 1st – €80. 2nd – €50. 3rd – €30. (unless otherwise stated). Entry Fee: €10.00
All details on the entry form to be completed.
Classes 68-76 Ring 1
Classes 60-67 and 77-95 Ring 2
PEDIGREE CHAROLAIS CLASSES
- Class 60: Best Pedigree Charolais Bull Calf born on or after 1st Sept.’16
- Class 61 .Best Pedigree Charolais Heifer Calf born on or after 1 Sept ‘16
PEDIGREE BELGIAN BLUE CLASS
- Class 62: Pedigree Belgian Blue Male/Female born after 1 September 2016
PEDIGREE LIMOUSIN CLASSES
- Class 63. Best Pedigree Male Calf born on or after 1 January 2017
- Class 64. Best Pedigree Female Calf born on or after 1 January 2017
- Class 65. Best Male Calf born between 1 September & 31 December 2016
- Class 66 Best Female Calf born between 1 September & 31 December 2016
- Class 67 Best Female born between 1 January & 31 August 2016
PEDIGREE SHORTHORN CLASSES
- Class 68 Best Shorthorn Heifer, Born in 2015
- Class 69 Best Shorthorn Heifer born in 2016
- Class 70 Best Shorthorn Heifer Calf born in 2017
PEDIGREE HEREFORD CLASSES
- Class 71 Best Pedigree Hereford Bull Calf born on or after 1st September 2016
- Class 72 Best Pedigree Hereford Heifer Calf born on or after 1st September 2016
PEDIGREE ANGUS CLASSES
- Class 73 Best Pedigree Angus Cow, Sponsored by Adrian Murray, Roscommon
- Class 74 Best Pedigree Angus Heifer born prior to 1st Sept. 2016
- Class 75 Best Pedigree Angus Heifer born on or after 1st Sept. 2016
- Class 76 Best Pedigree Angus Bull Calf born on or after 1st Sept. 2016
Overall Champion (& Reserve Champion) Angus
All First Prize winners from Classes 73 to 76 eligible
Sponsored by Noel Carr & Co, Chartered Accountants
Overall Champion will receive the Willie Stroker
Memorial Perpetual Cup Presented by Breege & Suzane Stroker
Champion & Reserve Champion will also receive:
Irish Angus Champion: €50 & Sash
Reserve Champion: €20 & Special Rosette
Prize money will be paid direct from the Irish Angus Office upon receipt of result sheet.
Owner of each animal exhibited must be a member of the Irish Angus Cattle Society and each animal entered must also have been registered in the owners name in the herd book of the Irish Angus Cattle Society.
A.W.Ennis, Kepak, Progressive Genetics, Aurivo and FBD Insurance, Irish Angus Producer Group, FarmLab.
The Aldi- ABP Irish Angus All-Ireland Bull Calf Championships 2017
Prize fund at final:
1st €2,000.00, 2nd €1,000.00, 3rd €500.00, 4th €250.00, 5th €150, 6th€150.00, 7th 15th €100.00 each
€150.00 for each qualified animal exhibited in finals at Iverk show.
Rules & Conditions: (To be published in all show schedules)
- Breeder/Exhibitor must be a member of the Irish Angus Cattle Society
- Animal must be registered in the herd book of the Irish Angus Cattle Society as per current Society rules.
- Late registered animals (over 60 days from birth) will be debarred from classes.
- Competition confined to exhibitor bred bulls only.
- Two Bulls from each section may qualify at one of the designated qualifying shows, if in the Judges opinion they are of the required standard to go forward to the final in Iverk,
- Breeder may only qualify two animals from each section for the final.
- All bulls, will be weighed by an ICBF Inspector, at Qualifying Shows & Final.
- Birth weight 45 kgs + 1.70 kgs per day
- Entry fee for qualifying shows is €20.00 payable to the relevant show society.
- Entry fee for final is €15.00 payable to Iverk Show Society
- Prize money for the qualified animals will be paid on presentation at the final.
- Prize money for 1st winners at the final will be paid subject to winners being available for exhibition in the Irish Angus Exhibiton Centre at the National Ploughing Championships September 2017.
- Judges decision at qualifying shows and the final in Iverk, will be final.
Irish Angus bull calf born from August 1st 2016 to November 30th 2016
Irish Angus Bull Calf born from December 1st to April 30th
Proposed list of qualifying shows:
Bandon, Clonakilty, Gorey, Charleville, Longford, Mullingar, Bonniconlon, Nenagh, Ballinamore, Tullamore, Cappamore, Roscommon, Swinford, Mohill, Iverk.
All enquiries to Irish Angus Office 071 9620253 or Co-ordinator Michael Flanagan 086 2540473.
Classes 77-95 Ring 2
Prizes: 1st €80.00, 2nd €50.00, 3rd €30.00
- Class 77 Best Non Pedigree Charolais Bull Calf born in 2017
Sponsored by Roscommon Livestock Mart
- Class 78 Best Charolais Heifer Calf born in 2017
Sponsored by Roscommon Livestock Mart
- Class 79 Best Non Pedigree Belgian Blue Bull Calf born in 2017
- Class 80 Best Non Pedigree Belgian Blue Heifer born in 2017
- Class 81 Best Non Pedigree Limousin Bull born in 2017
- Class 82 Best Non Pedigree Limousin Heifer born in 2017
- Class 83 Best Heifer (any breed) with not more than 2 permanent teeth.
- Class 84 Best Continental type bullock without permanent teeth
- Class 85 Best continental type heifer without permanent teeth
Sponsored by Ulster Bank, Roscommon
- Class 86 .Best Bullock (any breed) with 2 or more permanent teeth.
Sponsored by AIB, Roscommon
- Class 87 Best Non pedigree Heifer or Bullock of any breed/any age
The All Creatures Veterinary Clinic, Roscommon Sponsored Classes 88 and 89: Prize Fund €1,000
- Owners of all animals must be resident in Co. Roscommon & surrounding counties – All animals must be from & reared in counties ( Leitrim, Galway, Sligo, Mayo, Longford, Westmeath & Offaly)
- All cattle being entered must be registered in the herd book of the owner and must be available for inspection on the day.
- Date of birth & Tag Number must be clearly shown on each entry.
- Class 88. Best Weanling Male Calf (non-pedigree) born in 2017 (to be led)
Prizes: 1st €300. 2nd – €150. 3rd – €50
- Class 89 Best Weanling Female Calf (non-pedigree) born in 2017 (to be led) Prizes: 1st €300. 2nd €150. 3rd €50
- Class 90 Best Butchers Heifer – Maximum Weight 500kg
(in case of dispute animals will be weighed on the day)
Generously sponsored by Madden Meats, Main St, Roscommon.
- Class 91 Roscommon Show Champion Breeding Heifer
Generously sponsored by Gleeson’s Townhouse & Restaurant.
Prizes: 1st 200 2nd €100 3rd €50
Open to all breeds of non-pedigree heifers suitable to produce and rear a calf with potential for current beef/export market.(maiden/in calf)
Winner will receive the John O’Beirne Perpetual Cup.
- Class 92 Best Roscommon Male/Female Weanling calf – born in 2017
Confined to residents of Co. Roscommon.
Sponsored by: Walshes Supermarket & Filing Station
- Class 93 Best Stockperson under 16 years of age.
Proof of age required— All entrants will receive a prize.
Sponsored by Roscommon Macra Na Feirme.
- Class 94: Best Lady Handler with Animal of Any Age or Any Breed
- Class 95: Best Rare Breed Animal—Pedigree or non –pedigree
OVERALL CHAMPION – All 1st Prize winners eligible
Sponsored by John Harte Butchers, The Square, Roscommon.
Winner will receive the Seamus Duignan Memorial Cup
Champion €100, Reserve Champion €50
- FREE CLASS
First time Exhibitor with Calf any breed born in 2017
All entrants will receive a prize.